It matters not where you look nowadays, you will always see some post or SEO guru trying to sell you their secret methods to get you to the first page of Google, or even loosey-goosey promises of how their magic method can turn your business around.
Well, while in some cases they may be able to do this (depending on your niche) but the truth is, much of the time, you will be sold empty promises.
Now, I don’t mean to come across as a negative Nellie here, but times are tough, and if you own a business, you need to be making sure you invest in the right places, and one of those places is video.
In this post, we are going to present some awesome little stats that will show you just how beneficial video marketing can be for your business, no matter what the size.
1. Online video now accounts for over 50% of all mobile traffic.
2. 58% of people watch videos every day across a multitude of devices.
3. 64% of the people watching video, watch more than 3/4 of a video.
4. As of 2019 over 80% of businesses feature videos on their brand websites.
5. 85% of businesses say that it’s likely they’ll begin or continue using video in the future as they know how much it will benefit them moving forward.
6. 42% of businesses that don’t currently use video say they plan to in the future.
7. 85% of businesses say that video is an important part of their marketing strategy.
8. Over 75% of the businesses who use video, firmly believe that it has improved the conversion rate of their website.
9. Last year online video accounted for 79% of all consumer internet traffic and this number is expected to rise to 83% by 2021 and 87% by 2025.
10. 75% of senior executives watch work-related videos at least on a weekly basis and of these, over 50% of them share work-related videos with their colleagues at least once per week.
11. 74% of surveyed marketing, sales, and business professionals have used video for marketing, and another 31% are planning to use it in the near future.
12. 52% of all marketers believe that video marketing is effective for brand awareness, lead generation (45%), and online engagement (42%).
13. Almost 90% of respondents who are already using video marketing found it fairly or extremely successful.
14. Blog posts incorporating video attracts 3X times as many inbound links as blog posts without video, this can be one of the best ways to boost your DA.
15. More than 90% of marketers currently use video for online marketing, communication and sales.
16. 96% of B2B companies are planning to use video in their content marketing over the next 12 months. Covid has had a huge effect on this and video marketing is now seeing its most lucrative time.
17. 59% of marketers worldwide name video as the type of content with the highest ROI.
18. Using the word “video” in an email subject line increases open rates by 19%, boosts click-through-rate by 65%, and reduces unsubscribes by 26%. Now that’s one hell of a way to stop hitting a blank when you are working from home.
So, as you can see, if you aren’t using video, you are fighting a losing battle and now may be the time to make a change. To finish off this little post, I will leave you with a fantastic infographic that may have a few more surprises in store for you.
Image By Midland Visuals